General Student Travel Grant
Read the following eligibility requirements to determine if you are eligible for a Student Travel Grant.
Applications Open: 1 January 2013
Application Deadline : 15 February 2013
*** The deadline has passed. Applications will no longer be accepted. ***
- Current student member of AGU.
- Recent graduates and postdoctoral fellows are not eligible.
- Successfully submitted abstract prior to filling out travel grant application. Your abstract reference number will be required on the application.
- First author presenting a paper/poster.
- Applications must be complete to be considered.
- Recipients must comply with all rules regarding expenses and financial procedures, which will be communicated upon awarding of grants.
- Recipients are required to respond to a web-based post-meeting survey and submit a brief (‹300 words) report on the benefits of attending this meeting.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of several criteria. For the 2013 Meeting of the Americas, preference will be given to applicants meeting more than one of these criteria:
- Students from races, countries, and genders which are underrepresented in the sciences.
- Students who have sufficient additional funding resources to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses.
- Students whose abstracts show scientific merit to application reviewers in applicable fields.
- Applicant must pay his/her own meeting registration fee.
- Grant awards are $1,000 for all travel grant awardees.
- Grant will only cover hotel and airfare expenses. Food, additional travel expenses, registration fee, visa application fees, etc. will not be covered by the grant.
*** NOTE: The grants system does not accept your AGU member login- you will need to create a new account if you have not applied for an AGU grant previously.
Contact Grants@agu.org for customer service.
AGU would like to thank the corporate sponsors and the many AGU members and donors who support Student Travel Grants.