Lloyd V. Berkner Travel Fellowship
The Lloyd V. Berkner Travel Fellowship serves as a memorial to former AGU President Lloyd V. Berkner, who had a special interest in assisting and working with students and international colleagues. Today, the program provides support to Earth and space scientists in 88 countries including India, China, and Nigeria. Berkner Fellowships provide funding for early career scientists and students to present research at AGU-sponsored or co-sponsored meetings. The support includes registration fee, travel, accommodation, and daily expenses during the meeting.
Applications Open: 1 January 2013
Application Deadline : 15 February 2013
*** The deadline has passed. Applications will no longer be accepted. ***
- Current member of AGU.
- Successfully submitted abstract prior to filling out travel grant application. Your abstract reference number will be required on the application.
- Abstract which shows scientific merit to application reviewers in applicable fields.
Eligibility for Berkner Fellowships is limited to AGU members under the age of 35 who are residents of countries designated by the World Bank as “low” or “lower-middle” income per capita.
To see a full listing of Berkner eligible countries, please click here.
- Applications must be complete to be considered.
- Recipients must comply with all rules regarding expenses and financial procedures, which will be communicated upon awarding of grants.
- Recipients are required to respond to a web-based post-meeting survey and submit a brief (‹300 words) report on the benefits of attending this meeting.
*** NOTE: The grants system does not accept your AGU member login- you will need to create a new account if you have not applied for an AGU grant previously.
Contact Grants@agu.org for customer service.