Poster sessions are located in Gran Cancun A, Level 3 of the Cancun Center.
To locate your assigned poster board, look for the section (e.g., U = Union), then search within the section for the board marked with your paper number.
Please review the checklist below to ensure that you have not missed any important information preparing your poster presentation.
- Prepare your Poster
- Determine your Audiovisual Needs and Order
- Set Up Your Poster/Give Your Presentation
- Remove Your Poster
- Poster Help Desk
Prepare Your Poster
Each presenter is provided with a posterboard that has a viewable area of 0.96 m x 2.40 m (length, height).
The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract.
- Place the title of your paper and your paper number prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper. Indicate 1) the abstract’s presentation number, 2) title, and 3) authors’ names.
- Highlight the authors’ names, e-mails, and address information in case the viewer is interested in contacting you for more information.
- Prepare all diagrams or charts neatly and legibly beforehand in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters. Paragraph and figure caption text should be AT LEAST 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers AT LEAST 36 point font (1.2 cm height). Use creativity by using different font sizes and styles, perhaps even color.
- Use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar contained in your graph or chart. A serif font (e.g., Times) is often easier for reading main text, and a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica) for headers and figure labels.
- Organize the paper on the poster board so it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory. You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photographs, etc.
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C, making it easier for a viewer to follow your display.
- Include the background of your research followed by results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience.
Determine your Audio/Visual Needs and Order
Audiovisual equipment is not provided for poster sessions. Wireless Internet access is available in the poster session hall. Your laptop must be equipped with a Wi-Fi or an Airport card for Macintosh.
Details about how to order audiovisual equipment for your poster presentation will be posted soon!
Set Up Your Poster/Give Your Presentation
To locate your assigned poster board, look for the sign marked with your session number at the end of each poster session aisle. Each poster board will be marked with your individual paper number.
Poster sessions are scheduled Tuesday through Friday in the Gran Cancun A, level 3, of the Cancun Center. Presenters will display posters for TWO days. Posters scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday should be placed on Tuesday by 8:00 a.m. and should remain up until 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Posters assigned for Thursday or Friday should be placed on Thursday morning by 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. on Friday. Posters left on display after the day/time noted above will be discarded.
- Please make sure your paper number is clearly visible on your poster board.
- Presenters must be available for at least 1 hour between 8:00 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. for morning sessions and between 1:40 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. for afternoon sessions. Leave a message on your board detailing the hours you plan to be at your presentation. After the session, please feel free to leave a note on your posterboard as to where you can be reached in case someone wishes to discuss your research further.
- Posterboard tape and other materials are available at the Poster Help Desk.
Remove Your Poster
Posters must be removed on the day allocated above, dependent upon your day of presentation. Posters remaining after this time will be discarded. AGU cannot be responsible for posters and materials left on poster boards after the stated hours.
Poster Help Desk
The Poster Help Desk is located in Gran Cancun A, Level 3, of the Cancun Center. Staff will be available to assist you with the location of your poster and other on-site needs.
Basic supplies such as tape and scissors will be available for your use. Additional supplies may be available. However, if you have special needs for your poster presentation, bring those supplies with you to the meeting.
If you have questions, please contact the AGU Meetings Department at +1-202-777-7329 or via email at email@example.com.