Thank you for your interest in judging the Outstanding Student Paper Awards (OSPA)! Volunteer judges are an integral part of the judging process. Many long-term AGU members think fondly of their first OSPA win as it marked the beginning of their scientific career.
The purpose of this Honor Code is to establish rules and procedures of the American Geophysical Union governing judge conduct with respect to the integrity of the Outstanding Student Paper Award program. Judges agree to the following:
- They do not know or are acquainted personally nor professionally with the students they’ve selected to judge in any capacity.
- They are not a student.
- They will attend all presentations that they signed up to judge.
- They will submit all score sheets (whether the student was present or not or the presentation was cancelled) within 2 days of the last day of the meeting.
To Search for Presentations:
- Log in via login box at right. (If you have not registered as a judge, you will need to click on the link that says, “If you have not yet registered to judge, click here to do so.”
- A blue menu appears
- Click on “Find Presentations”
- Search for presentations that fit your schedule.